Apply for the Committee
This is a chance to help shape the future of Buncombe County by joining a newly forming committee to participate in a public budgeting process. Strategic Partnership Grant funding is granted to nonprofit organizations working toward outcomes in alignment with County Commissioner goals.
A new committee is being established to make grant recommendations to the Board of Commissioners for Buncombe County. The committee will consist of nine (9) members, who will:
- Apply for membership through the Office of the Clerk to the Board of Commissioners;
- Be appointed by the Board of Commissioners;
- Serve three (3) year staggered terms;
- Represent expertise in the Strategic Plan focus areas
- Represent the geographic diversity of the County;
- Abide by conflict of interest policies, to include not serving on the Board of Directors or staff of an applicant organization within the past two (2) years;
- Hold open meetings and comply with public records requirements;
- Utilize a standardized, points-based scoring system to review grants;
- Hold in-person presentations for grant finalists; and
- Recommend a portfolio of grants for approval by the Board of Commissioners; and
- Meet throughout the year to monitor grants and review progress.