Aging Plan/Age-Friendly Coordinator: Billie Breeden
Buncombe County has a full-time Age-Friendly Coordinator who oversees the work of the Age-Friendly Action Plan and facilitation of the Buncombe County Age-Friendly initiatives:
ie. Experienced Workforce, Elder Justice, Housing Options for Aging in Place, and the Asheville/Buncombe Black Elders (ABBE) Engagement Project.
The Buncombe County Aging Plan (2018-2022) reflects the vision of an age-friendly community where older adults are safe, well and engaged. It has established the following goals for our community:
- Prevent abuse, neglect and exploitation of older adults.
- Prevent financial fraud, scams and exploitation of older adults.
- Improve health and wellbeing among older adults.
- Improve and support financial wellbeing among older adults.
- Improve and support caregiver wellbeing.
- Increase older adults’ access to transportation.
- Improve older adults’ access to services and supports.
- Increase age-friendly capability of Buncombe County.