Court Date Reminders
To avoid an order for your arrest, you must show up to court.
Failing to appear in court can result in an order for arrest and
financial penalty. Here are some things to remember as your court date approaches:
- Arrive at the Buncombe County Courthouse, 60 Court Plaza in Asheville, 30 minutes before your scheduled court session.
- Paid parking is available at Buncombe County parking deck across the street from the courthouse, at 164 College Street.
- A security checkpoint is located at the courthouse entrance. All persons must have their bags scanned and pass through a metal detector.
- Make the necessary arrangements ahead of time so you can be present for court.
- You are responsible for appearing to all court dates. Be sure to know all of your court dates for any pending charges you have.
If you miss your court date, contact your lawyer immediately.
Office of the Public Defender: (828) 259-3423
If no lawyer, contact the
District Attorney’s Office: (828) 259-3410
Clerk of Superior Court: (828) 259-3400