Buncombe County Veterans Services Office offers assistance in a wide range of services to our nation's veterans, service members and their families.
Who is Eligible?
You may be eligible for VA health care benefits if you are a veteran.
You may be eligible for other VA benefits if you are:
- a veteran
- a veteran's dependent
- a surviving spouse or child of a deceased veteran
- a member of the Reserves or National Guard
- an Active Duty service member
How to Access Services
- Call us at (828) 250-5726 to make an appointment or with any questions.
- Email Veteran Services.
- Visit our offices in Downtown Asheville at 40 Coxe Avenue on the 7th Floor. Take the North Wing (Blue) elevator to the 7th floor and ring bell for service. Office hours are 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Free parking is available in the parking deck at corner of Coxe Avenue and Sears Alley.
Applying for Services
We offer assistance at our office at 40 Coxe Avenue.
The Veterans Administration offers certain benefits and services to honor our Nation's deceased veterans.
The Veterans Administration administers two disability programs. Both pay monthly benefits to disabled veterans.
Education & Training
Benefits are available to eligible veterans, dependents, reservists, and service members while they are in an approved training program.
The Veterans Administration offers a number of home loan services to eligible veterans, some military personnel, and certain spouses.
Vocational Rehabilitation & Training
Programs re available to certain service-connected disabled veterans who are unable to get and keep suitable employment.
Dependent and Survivor Benefits
Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC) may be payable to survivors...
The Veterans Administration provides a number of health care services.
A number of Life Insurance options are available to service people and their families.