The magic of the holidays isn't just for kids.
Being a senior citizen or an adult with a disability can be tough over the holidays. Even the smallest gift is heartfelt and says, "I’m thinking about you today." The senior wish tree gives Buncombe County's senior citizens and adults with disabilities in need, presents to help them meet their basic needs.
When you can't drive a car or don’t have someone to bring you the things you might need, like a new nightgown or socks, it can be tough. The Senior Wish Tree is a Buncombe County program that works with agencies throughout the county to identify seniors and adults with disabilities that don't have access to a support network to help with these basic needs. What you do matters. Please consider selecting a senior to sponsor this holiday season.
There are 2 easy ways to be a part of the Senior Wish Tree in Buncombe County:
- Please click here to go straight to the Senior Wish Tree wish list(s) that you would like to sponsor and enter your contact information. You are welcome to select more than one senior or adult to sponsor.
- If you would like to talk with us about sponsoring an adult, please contact us at: (828) 620-2944 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't have time to shop? You can make a tax deductible Senior Wish Tree donation through our nonprofit partner, Buncombe County Service Foundation. Click here to donate now:
Together we can make the holidays a little brighter for someone who needs it. Please consider a sponsorship or a donation this holiday season.
Wrapped and labeled gifts must be returned to Ground Level A, 35 Woodfin Street no later than December 14th
We ask that you either wrap gifts or place them in a large bag with a label that includes: Adult's Name and the # included on their wish.
Contact us at (828) 620-2944 or by email at email@example.com if you have questions about the program.
Click here to sponsor a senior this holiday season.
What is the Aging Coordinating Consortium?
Mission: The Buncombe County Aging Coordinating Consortium (ACC) provides a structure for agencies, organizations and individuals to work together to plan, promote community awareness, and advocate for public and private support for services to the older adults of Buncombe County.
The ACC serves as an advisory body to the Buncombe County Board of Commissioners made up of a body of volunteers who meet on a monthly basis to:
- Provide County Commissioners with funding recommendations for aging services;
- Monitor the delivery of those services and look for ways to improve/expand them;
- Advocate for aging services on the local, state, and national levels;
- Research and write Buncombe County’s Five-Year Aging Plan, which sets the overall priorities and course for aging, is required to receive Home and Community Care Block Grant (HCCBG) funds from the N.C. Division of Aging, and which identifies the rolls of local agencies in providing services at the county level and meeting the needs of such groups.
ACC meets the 4th Thursday of each month at 2 p.m. in the CarePartners Foundation Conference Room, 105 Fairview Road, Asheville.
Buncombe County Aging Plan
View the plan on the Land of Sky Website