Skip to main content

COVID-19 Updates, Testing and Vaccines

Stay up to date

Register of Deeds Notice

The Register of Deeds office is open, but in-person services should only be used as a last resort. To obtain a marriage license or be sworn-in as a notary public, you must come in person. Otherwise, most of our services are available from home. If you need a birth, death, or marriage certificate, simply click here to purchase one, and we will mail it directly to you. If you have questions about getting a copy of a deed, please give us a call or email us. To search our database of property records dating back to the 1700s, click here.

If you need in-person services, we ask that you only come in if you are not sick and that you wear a mask. We promise that only healthy staff are allowed to serve you.

Uniform Commercial Code - Filing Types

The following Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) filings can be recorded with the Register of Deeds Office.

Initial UCC Filing

  • An initial UCC filing must contain the following information in order to be recorded:
    • Secured Party's Name and Address
    • Debtor's name and address
    • Statement indicating types and/or descriptions of collateral.

UCC Amendment

  • The UCC amendment (continuation, assignment, party name or collateral change, release, and termination):
    • Must include original party names and book and page of initial filing
    • Continuation of a financing statement can be recorded within 6 months before 5 year mark of initial filing.

Forms & Fees

Recording Fees

  • $38.00 — 1 - 2 Pages
  • $45.00 — 3 - 10 pages + $2.00 per page over 10 pages