Skip to Main Content

Recording Maps & Plats

About Recording Maps and Plats

All maps must be presented to the Review Officer UNLESS:

  • Item b. or c. of the surveyor's certificate is marked saying that the survey is in an area with no ordinance or that the survey is of an existing parcel or building, or the survey is a control survey (GS 47-30 (f) (11) b. or c.)
  • The map is a municipal annexation map or boundary map or the map is a DOT ROW plan or corridor map (GS 47-30 (j) or (1)
  • The map is attached to a document and the map contains the non-certified survey statement (GS 47-30 (n)

Yes. The register is responsible for making sure that the person who signs as review officer is named in the resolution required by 47-30.2. It is a good idea to maintain and post a current list of the names of all review officers appointed by the county commissioners.

Yes, if the commissioner's resolution authorizes delegation. If John Jones is the review officer and he delegates authority to Sam Smith, the review officer's certificate should be signed "John Jones by Sam Smith".

No. Effective October 1, 1997 this responsibility was transferred to review officers.

Yes. The review officer is county B must approve the certified copy before it can be recorded in county B.