RIDE is a voucher program that allows disabled and elderly residents to purchase transportation services at a significant discount. Once enrolled as a RIDE participant, you are eligible to purchase vouchers that can be used with local providers at 25% of the regular rate.
To qualify for the RIDE program, individuals must live in Buncombe County and be elderly or disabled.
How the RIDE Program works:
- Customers purchase vouchers for providers. Vouchers are $2.50 each and are sold in books of 10 ($25).
- When transportation is needed, the customer contacts one of the RIDE providers for service.
- Each voucher is good for $10 off the cost of a one-way trip provided by the service.
- A maximum of three (3) vouchers can be used for a one-way trip.
- If the cost of the trip is more than $30, the customer must pay the difference at the time the service is provided.
Once enrolled in the RIDE Program, customers are sent a list of providers who accept program vouchers and the program guidelines. For more information, please contact the RIDE Program Coordinator with Mountain Mobility at (828) 250-6750, Option 5, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.