Buncombe County Landfill accepts Televisions and Electronics ONLY during TV/Paint Recycling events.
We accept most electronics from residents at no charge. Residents dropping off televisions will be charged $5.00 for each TV under 19" and $10.00 for each TV over 19". Businesses will also be able to drop off electronics, but they will be charged a fee of 30 cents per pound.
The following items must be separated out of loads and brought to the electronics recycling area:
- Computers (monitors, CPU's, keyboards)
- Cell Phones
- Paint and paint related items such as water sealer, paint thinners, enamels, polyurethane, and flammable liquids (such as gas and kerosene) will be charged at $2.00 per gallon. (20 gallon limit per week.)
- There is no charge for pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, motor oil, antifreeze and lead acid batteries.
- No hazardous wastes from businesses will be accepted.
- Bio-Hazardous materials, radioactive materials and explosives are NOT accepted at any time.