Skip to main content

Skip Navigation LinksLet's Talk - Questions & Answers

Who do I call about potholes in the road?

Q: I would like to speak to someone about potholes on Heywood Road in Arden. Also, we need more sidewalks on Hendersonville and Long Shoals roads. And the light at Long Shoals and Hendersonville roads to turn toward TC Roberson needs to be longer in the mornings.

A: Buncombe County does not have jurisdiction for road projects, traffic studies, traffic calming or traffic signal modifications. That responsibility falls to the County’s six municipalities and the North Carolina Department of Transportation, which controls about 70 percent of County roads. Contact for the County’s six municipalities and the N.C. DOT can be found below:




Back to Let's Talk