Buncombe County Parks & Recreation will open its Community Recreation Grants application on February 5, 2024. The project application and supporting guidelines will be posted on the Buncombe County Grants webpage.The application window will remain open until March 29, 2024.
The total funding available for the Community Recreation Grants is $100,000, with grants up to $6,000 per qualifying non-profit organization per year. Grant funds cannot be used for food and entertainment costs, travel expenses, general office supplies, or salaries, except for labor costs related to approved capital improvement projects.
Eligible projects must:
- Belong to a nonprofit organization.
- Improve the quality of life within our community through the promotion of recreational initiatives that emphasize health and wellness, outdoor recreation, environmental education, athletics, and/or cultural experiences.
- Operate in Buncombe County serving primarily Buncombe residents.
Preferred applications will:
- Foster an atmosphere of inclusivity by extending recreation opportunities to underserved or underrepresented populations such as BIPOC and rural communities.
- Promote goals highlighted within the Buncombe County Strategic Plan.
- Promote recreational opportunities that emphasize health and wellness, outdoor recreation, environmental education, athletics, and/or cultural experiences.
“The purpose of these community recreation grants are to provide funding to qualifying non-profit organizations within Buncombe County, whose goals align with ours,” said Allison Dains, Buncombe County Parks & Recreation director. “Collaborating with organizations in our community is an integral step in achieving our mission, which is to improve the quality of life within our community by providing high quality recreational facilities, opportunities for social interaction, and programming which encourages health and wellness through active lifestyles.”
Last year’s Community Recreation Grants recipients included nineteen local nonprofits that split nearly $100,000 for projects that built momentum for long-term change in the community. Grantees who have been awarded funding in previous years include Bent Creek Community Club, Broad River Community Club, Fairview Community Center, Sandy Mush Community Center, and more.
Visit Buncombe County Grants Webpage to learn more, and to apply.
For any questions, email email@example.com.