Do you have a New Year’s resolution for 2021? Buncombe County Public Libraries can help.
Learn a Language
- Personalized online language instruction can be accessed with your library card on NC Live.
- Our Online Spanish Conversation Group meets on Thursdays at 5 p.m. Use the link on the library calendar to register.
Reinvent your Career
- Lynda.com is an online educational site that includes over 3,000 courses (and over 130,000 videos) in popular fields like web design, web development, IT, education/instruction, media production, and business. Buncombe County Library cardholders can access lynda.com content FREE with their library card number.
Visit Local Museums and Attractions
- Buncombe County Libraries have teamed up with local attractions and museums to offer free admission for library card holders with a ZOOM pass. Book your ZOOM pass here.
- Pack Library has free online pilates classes that meet twice a month. Look for the class on the library calendar to register.
- Many popular health and fitness magazines can be read online here, including Women’s Health, Prevention, and Clean Eating along with hundreds of other popular magazines.
Research your Family Tree
- You can access the popular genealogy website Ancestry from home free with your library card.
- You can research local history with our Special Collections online resources.
Read or Listen to More Books
- You can place holds on physical library materials here.
- Bookfix is a new library service where your local library can put together custom reading recommendations tailored to your interest. Contact your library and let them know what you’d like to read, and pick up your Bookfix books when they’re ready.
- Download books, audio books or magazines from our digital library anytime. Your library card number is your ID and the last four digits of your phone number is your PIN.
Many of our library resources are available online and you can access them from home 24/7. We’re also offering Grab and Go service at every library branch for physical materials. You can check the catalog from home, place your holds and pick up your books when they’re ready.
If you need help with any of these resources, contact your friendly neighborhood librarian. We hope to see you in the library in 2021.