This news item expired on Thursday, June 9, 2022 so the information below could be outdated or incorrect.
Want to know more about proposed development projects in Buncombe County? You can now use an interactive map to learn more about large projects that need to be reviewed by the Board of Adjustment or the Planning Board. The Development Project Portal makes it easy to see where those proposed projects are located and learn about details on the scope of the potential development.
Development Project Portal features:
- Citizens can search for applications by project name, case number, address, or even search a larger area based on their own home address.
- Each application now has its own separate project page which shows information about the application, documents for download, and upcoming meeting information.
- An interactive map shows the location of projects in need of Board of Adjustment or Planning Board approval that are outside of city and town limits. At this time, projects on the map will only show applications received for meetings happening after May 2020.
- Links to a project in google maps, and GIS parcel data are included within each project page to allow citizens to get even more information about a development.
- During the current public health emergency, all Board of Adjustment and Planning Board meetings are being held virtually. Links to the virtual meetings will be embedded in the new project pages for each application, allowing the public to easily view the meeting as it happens.
We are excited about this new feature’s ability to enhance customer service, transparency, and information about proposed developments. If you have any questions about the Development Project Portal (buncombecounty.org/governing/depts/planning/development-projects.aspx), contact Planning & Development at (828) 250-4830 or at PlanningInfo@BuncombeCounty.org.