Televisions, Household Hazardous Waste, Paint, & Electronic Disposal at the Landfill - 81 Panther Branch Road, Alexander NC 28701
Buncombe County Landfill accepts Televisions and Electronics ONLY during scheduled TV/Paint Recycling events.
We accept most electronics from residents at no charge. Residents dropping off televisions will be charged $5 for each TV under 19" and $10 for each TV over 19". Businesses will also be able to drop off electronics, but they will be charged a fee of 30 cents per pound.
The following items must be separated out of loads and brought to the electronics recycling area:
- Computers (monitors, CPU's, keyboards)
- Cell Phones
- Paint and paint related items such as water sealer, paint thinners, enamels, polyurethane, and flammable liquids (such as gas and kerosene) will be charged at $2 per gallon. (20 gallon limit per week.)
- There is no charge for pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, motor oil, antifreeze and lead acid batteries.
- No hazardous wastes from businesses will be accepted.
- Bio-Hazardous materials, radioactive materials and explosives are NOT accepted at any time.
If you have any questions, contact the Solid Waste Office at 250-5460 or the Landfill at 250-5462.