The 2017 Buncombe County Recreation Services' Fall Festival is Coming up:
Stories and characters from your favorite books will once again come alive on the shores of Lake Julian on Saturday, October 28, 2017. Kids of all ages are invited. Admission to the festival is free, and the fun takes place from 11am to 2pm.
Children can reenact the adventures of a number of book-inspired journeys:
- Help Waldo protect the three little pigs from the sling shot-armed Big Bad Wolf,
- Try out life as a buccaneer on the Pirate Pontoon,
- Prove your bow-and-arrow sharpshooting skills while keeping hot sauce out of the hands of dragons, or
- Explore the land of giants with larger than life games, such as Legos, Jenga Blocks, Connect Four, and more.
The festival also includes:
- Face painters,
- Storytellers, and
- Pumpkin walk with Spookly the Square Pumpkin.
WNC Safe Kids, Buncombe County Sheriff’s Department Crime Prevention, and the Skyland Fire Department will be there with fall safety tips. Grateful Roots Food truck will also be on site with tasty food options.
Need more reasons to come? There will also be yoga for kids and a costume contest for children ages 15 and under. To enter, come dressed up as your favorite non-scary, book character for a chance to take home a prize!
Adventures and challenges await everyone at Lake Julian Park's Fall Festival.
Lake Julian Park is located at 406 Overlook Extension in Arden, just off of Long Shoals Rd.
For more information, contact Lynn Pegg at 828.250.6707 or firstname.lastname@example.org.