An Important Announcement from Buncombe County Libraries
Buncombe Libraries are Upgrading our Systems in Order to Serve You Better.
All NC Cardinal Libraries, including Buncombe County, will be migrating to a new server system Feb. 26 – March 5. This will impact our catalog and library card services. While the Library Catalog will be unavailable Feb. 26 – March 5 for system migration, most services will continue as normal and we want to let you know what to expect during this transition and how it will temporarily impact our library services.
During this transition:
- Check out will be limited to five items
- You will need your library card to check out
- The library will not be able to view or make changes to library card accounts including renewing books or placing holds
- No items will be due during this week
- No library cards can be created
- Patrons will be able to search for materials online, but you won’t be able to place holds online or view your account
Digital books and other digital library services will not be affected by this transition. They will work as they normally do.
How can you help?
Please wait until after March 5 to return materials or place holds. No overdue fines will be charged during this period. All libraries will be open during their regular hours during the transition and all library services will be available starting Monday, March 5.