- We promote a healthy, safe, well-educated, and thriving community with a sustainable quality of life.
- We provide effective and efficient government our citizens can trust.
- We deliver needed service through a responsive work force committed to excellence, integrity, and teamwork.
To achieve this mission, Buncombe County Government realizes the importance of a diverse professional workforce and the need to foster a responsive and innovative organizational culture, one that fully engages all of our employees, honoring and building on each employee's unique experiences, opinions, and perspective.
Applying for County Employment?
Applications are accepted for posted position vacancies only. Paper applications are not accepted.
A college transcript must accompany applications for Social Worker positions. Please attach a copy or have your college send one to:
Buncombe County Human Resources
200 College Street, Suite 403
Asheville, NC 28801
Should you require special assistance to apply for a position, please contact Human Resources at 828-250-4166.
- Resumes are not accepted in place of applications and will not be accepted via e-mail. A resume may accompany a completed application for a posted vacancy.
- Drug screen consent & personal information release documents are required for employment.
- To apply for more than one position, you must submit a separate application for each position.
School Health Nurse
Buncombe County School Health Nurse service is now provided contractually by Mountain Area Health Education Center. To apply for current School Health Nurse positions please send your resumé to email@example.com and visit their career page: mahec.net/about-us/employment.
Buncombe County pools are now under the management of Swim Club Management. Applicants interested in working at the pools should apply on their website at lifeguardasheville.com, or contact Sarah McKenzie at (828) 348-4770.