It’s the time of year when your tax bill will be arriving in your mail box. And while you can pay anytime, please remember your bill is not past due until after Jan. 6, at which point it will begin to accrue interest.
So now that you know your tax bill is available, here are some things you should keep in mind:
And here are some important dates:
- August, 2019: Tax bills are mailed, payment plan enrollment opens.
- Sept. 1, 2019: Tax bills are due (interest penalties do not begin until Jan.7).
- Jan. 6, 2020: Last day to pay taxes without interest penalties.
- Jan. 7, 2020: Tax bills are delinquent.
- April, 2020: Last month to finish payments in the Casual Payment Plan for current overdue bills from 2019. Those bills must be paid in full by this date.
- May, 2020: Last month to finish payments in the Preauthorized Debit Plan current overdue bills from 2019. Those bills must be paid in full by this date.
If you have any questions you can visit the Tax Department’s website, call (828) 250-4910, or email email@example.com.