This news item expired on Wednesday, February 14, 2024 so the information below could be outdated or incorrect.
Buncombe County Environmental Health is hosting a FREE course for pool operators, owners, and any others who are involved in the day-to-day operation of a public pool, spa, or other body of water or are tasked with filling out the paperwork annually.
Topics that will be covered:
- How to avoid getting your annual application sent back.
- How to avoid a revisit fee and permit-action items specific to North Carolina.
- Common permit conditions.
- Industry changes and what they mean for you.
- How to properly fill out your safety data sheet:
- How to properly measure your sump.
- How to determine a flow reduction, if needed.
- How to determine that your drain covers work with your pool.
The training will be in person at 200 College St. Asheville, NC 28801. It will be broken up into two sections with the latter to work on your individual datasheet with in-person help from an Environmental Health staff member. Please note that this course is NOT a Certified Pool Operator (CPO) training course.
Please register for one of the two courses (you may register multiple people at once):
February 7, 2024, from 9 a.m. - noon. Registration closes on January 19, 2024
February 14, 2024, from 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. Registration closes on January 26, 2024
To ensure a conducive learning environment for all, the number of registrants is limited, so registration is first come, first served. Once registration has closed, you will receive a confirmation email letting you know whether or not your registration has been accepted. The course agenda will be attached to emails sent to registrants attending the course.