Series starts Wednesday, March 22 at 6 p.m.
Enka-Candler Library - 1404 Sandhill Rd. - Candler
Join us throughout the spring and summer for a class series focusing on homemade health and wellness items with author, teacher, and homesteader Ashley English. For each class, Ashley will demonstrate how to make each item discussed and handouts will detail everything needed for creating the project at home. The class will take place on the 4th Wednesday of every month at 6 p.m.
This event is free, but you do need to register. Please visit the library web page and use the link on the calendar for this program to sign up.
Our class on March 22 will be all about spring cleaning. Learn how to make natural cleaning products for your home such as All Purpose Cleaner, Glass Cleaner, Toilet Bowl Cleaner, Abrasive Sink Cleaner, Silver Cleaner, Wood Polish, Wood Floor Cleaner, Vinyl & Linoleum Floor Cleaner, Citrus Concentrate, Rug & Carpet Odor Sprinkle
Our upcoming classes will feature:
- April 26- Spring Cleaning: All Purpose Cleaner, Glass Cleaner, Toilet Bowl Cleaner, Wood Polish, Vinyl & Linoleum Floor Cleaner, Citrus Concentrate, Rug & Carpet Odor Sprinkle
- May 24- Spring Preserves: Strawberry Jam, Quick Pickled Radishes, Beet & Dill Relish, Pickled Asparagus
- June 28- Strawberries: Jam, Sauce, Frozen, Vinegar, Quick Pickled
- July 26- Natural Body: Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse, Rosemary Hair Oil. Easy Baking Soda Exfoliant, Rosewater Toner, Everyday Face Oil
- August 23- Natural Health: -Bugs Away Insect Repellant, Boo Boo Goo, Sunburn Soother, Electrolyte Replenisher, Sleep Salve
- September 27 - Home Canning: Materials & Equipment, Methods, Safety, Storage, Favorite Seasonal Recipe
Ashley English is the author of 11 books on raising chickens, canning and preserving, hosting potlucks, and homemade health and wellness products to name a few. From handcrafted pies to natural crafting, Ashley is enamored with all things DIY, slow, and fun! She lives in the mountains of Buncombe County with her husband Glenn, their two kids, and a menagerie of animals. Her website is smallmeasure.com and you can find her @smallmeasure on Instagram.