Safely restoring water after a water shortage is critical to ensuring that your water is safe to use.
- Run all cold water taps for five minutes.
- If you have a single-lever faucet, set it to run cold water.
- Begin with the lowest faucet in your home or business and then open the other faucets one at a time, moving from your lowest floor to your highest.
- After five minutes, turn off your faucets in reverse order, from highest to lowest.
- You should also flush your refrigerator's water lines.
Customers and businesses should also dispose of any ice made since the precautionary Boil Water Advisory. The next three batches of ice should also be thrown out. Ice maker containers should be wiped clean with a solution of two tablespoons bleach to one gallon of water.
For more water safety information, please click here.
Or in Spanish: here.