This news item expired on Friday, March 10, 2023 so the information below could be outdated or incorrect.
Buncombe County wants to hear from you as we move into finalizing the draft version of the County’s 2043 Comprehensive Plan. Don’t miss this opportunity to review the draft plan and share your feedback.
The Buncombe 2043 Comprehensive Plan will guide the county’s decision-making for the next twenty years when it comes to development, infrastructure, recreation, and new programs.
We are thankful to the more than 3,000 residents who have shared their voices throughout the last year. The Steering Committee, along with consultants and Planning staff, used resident input to create a draft plan for public review.
You are invited to one of the upcoming exhibits to learn about how the plan was created, and to let us know if it reflects the community’s vision for the future of Buncombe County.
Exhibits are drop-in style, and self-guided. Planning staff will be available at select locations. A virtual exhibit, and opportunity to provide feedback is also available online at engage.buncombecounty.org/Y4853.
Comprehensive Plan Community Input
- Dec. 16, at Weaverville Library, Drop-in Exhibit-10 a.m.-5:45 p.m.
- Jan. 10, at Skyland South-Buncombe Library, Exhibition/Ask-a-Planner-10 a.m.-5:45 p.m.
- Jan. 12, at Buncombe HHS at 40 Coxe Ave., Exhibition/Ask-a-Planner-9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Jan. 13, at Buncombe HHS at 40 Coxe Ave., Exhibition/Ask-a-Planner-9 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Jan. 18, at West Asheville Library, Drop-in Exhibit-10 a.m.-5:45 p.m.
- Jan. 24, Leicester Library, Drop-in Exhibit-10 a.m.-5:45 p.m.
- Jan. 27, Enka-Candler Library, Exhibition/Ask-a-Planner-10 a.m.-5:45 p.m.
- Feb. 1, Fairview Library, Drop-in Exhibit-10 a.m.-5:45 p.m.
- Feb. 3, East Asheville Library, Exhibition/Ask-a-Planner-10 a.m.-5:45 p.m.
- Feb. 7, North Asheville Library, Drop-in Exhibit-10 a.m.-5:45 p.m.
- Feb. 10, Black Mountain Library, Exhibition/Ask-a-Planner-10 a.m.-5:45 p.m.
Learn more about the planning process and how far we’ve come at buncombecounty.org/plan2043.
After this final round of public input has been gathered, the Planning Board and Board of Commissioners will review the draft plan. Plan adoption is anticipated to take place in the Spring of 2023.
A comprehensive plan is used by local governments as a broad, long-range planning tool for the community. Buncombe's plan will focus on the next 20-year period and will look at the relationships between land uses, infrastructure, and key community needs. Follow the plan’s progress, sign up for newsletter updates, and learn more at buncombecounty.org/plan2043.