Buncombe County’s newly consolidated 911 Call Center is looking to complete membership of its Communications Steering Committee (CSC) with a community member at-large. As part of the agreement of the consolidation, the CSC will meet at least quarterly to review performance and compliance data and to consider and resolve questions, issues, and disputes relating to 911 call center operations.
The CSC membership includes:
- Buncombe County Director for 911 Communications
- Sheriff or designee
- Chief of Asheville Police Department or designee
- Asheville Fire Chief or designee
- Buncombe County Management designee
- A representative from among other municipalities’ law enforcement agencies dispatched through the 911 Call Center
- A representative from among other municipal and County fire departments dispatched through the 911 Call Center
- One community member at-large.
If you would like to be considered for the community member at-large position on the CSC, please answer the below questions and follow the instructions for submitting them.
Contact Information (phone and/or email):
1) Briefly, explain why you want to be a part of the Communications Steering Committee.
2) How will your life experience and unique perspective help us in regard to performance and compliance data and resolving questions, issues, and disputes relating to 911 call center operations? Please note if you are bilingual.
3) What do you consider the most pressing challenge for public safety communications (911)?
4) Where do you live?
- Asheville City
- South Buncombe (such as Arden/Avery’s Creek/Royal Pines)
- North Buncombe (such as Woodfin/Weaverville/Barnardsville)
- East Buncombe (such as Swannanoa/Black Mountain/Montreat)
- West Buncombe (such as Candler/Leicester)
5) Have you lived in Buncombe County for 1 year or more? Yes or No
Submit your application questions by email or in person to Jennifer Aviles by May 31, 2022, to firstname.lastname@example.org or 200 College St., Third Floor, Asheville NC 28801. If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Aviles at (828) 250-4089.