This news item expired on Friday, April 22, 2022 so the information below could be outdated or incorrect.
Buncombe County has been awarded $259,865 in federal funding to supplement emergency food and shelter programs. These funds boost the work we do locally with community partners to build a safer and healthier community by expanding our ability to provide food and shelter programs in high-need areas.
Organizations that meet the following criteria are encouraged to apply for this funding.
Organizations must be:
- Private voluntary, non-profit, or unit of government
- Eligible to receive Federal funding
- Have an accounting system
- Practice non-discrimination
- Demonstrate the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs
- [if a private voluntary organization] Have a voluntary board
To apply for this funding, please contact Tracie Franklin at Tracie.Franklin@buncombecounty.org or call (828) 250-5564. All applications are due by April 22nd.