Update Jan. 14, 2022
Due to surging COVID-19 infection rates and to limit public interactions, in-person meetings for the Buncombe County Comprehensive Plan have been postponed. Additional virtual meeting dates and times will be announced in addition to the currently scheduled Jan. 20 and Jan. 25 virtual meetings. Go to engage.buncombecounty.org to access those meetings.
The Comprehensive Plan meetings will focus on:
- Learning more about changes and issues that impact residents now and in the future
- Creating a community vision and priorities for Buncombe County
In the next stages of plan development, the information shared during this initial set of meetings will help identify potential solutions and actions, upon which the community will provide feedback.
The Buncombe 2043 Comprehensive Plan provides the framework for growth in unincorporated Buncombe County and addresses other quality of life matters for the County as a whole. The plan will take a regional approach, being mindful of other plans, such as the City of Asheville and the Town of Black Mountain comprehensive plans.
Community meeting schedule:
- Thursday, Jan. 20, 2022 – 6-8 p.m. – virtual session with live Spanish interpretation
- Tuesday, Jan. 25, 2022 - noon-2 p.m. – virtual session with live Spanish interpretation
- Monday, Feb. 7, 2022 – 6-8 p.m. – *Postponed*Erwin High School, 60 Lees Creek Road, Asheville with live Spanish interpretation
- Wednesday, Feb. 16, 2022 – 4:30-6:30 p.m. – *Postponed*Sandy Mush Community Center, 19 School Road, Leicester
- Thursday, Feb. 17, 2022 – 4-6 p.m. – *Postponed*Black Mountain Library, 105 N. Dougherty St., Black Mountain
- Tuesday, Feb. 22, 2022 – 6:30-8:30 p.m. –*Postponed* Leicester Community Center, 2979 New Leicester Highway, Leicester
Click here for more information about the meetings or to register for a virtual option.
Have you watched it yet?
Buncombe County hosted “Let’s Talk – Buncombe County’s Next 20 Years” with Nathan Pennington, Planning & Development Director for Buncombe County, Rachel Edens, Chief Equity & Inclusion Officer for Buncombe County, and Jessica Trotman, Planning Director for Black Mountain. Click here to view the session.
For more information about the Buncombe 2043 Comprehensive Plan including a short video overview, visit Comprehensive Plan 2043.