This news item expired on Tuesday, December 14, 2021 so the information below could be outdated or incorrect.
- December 14 from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- It will be in English @buncombegov
- It will be in Spanish @bchhs
- Nathan Pennington - Planning and Development Director for Buncombe County.
- Jessica Trotman - Planning and Development Director for Black Mountain to discuss Black Mountain's 20-year plan that just wrapped up and how it impacted the community.
- Rachel Edens - Buncombe County's Cheif Equity and Inclusion Officer to talk about the importance of community engagement in this plan and to speak on the equity of its planning.
Buncombe County is currently working to plan out its next 20 years by creating a comprehensive plan. We’re talking community needs, public health, safety, housing affordability, transportation, infrastructure, equity, and much more. This process is going to involve a lot of public engagement, you’re going to hear the words “Comp Plan” quite a bit over the next couple years, so we wanted to introduce you to the team who was conducting the comp plan, how we’re going to go about getting input, why we need your input, and how our community’s involvement in this plan will help shape it. This is going to be your introduction to Buncombe County’s 2043 Comp Plan – so listen in and get involved. There will be more Let’s Talk presentations as the plan is underway. This Let’s Talk will be a short presentation followed by a Question-and-Answer session so everyone in the community can be on the same page.
View more information about the comp plan and take part in the word cloud here.