We know you love Buncombe County parks! We get tagged in lots of pics on Facebook and Instagram. Why not get a sweet reward for your photo skills?
Each month, we’ll announce a theme. Post your favorite photos to Instagram or Facebook showing the theme in one of our parks. Make sure to tag @BuncombeRecreation and use the hashtag #IHeartBCParks. Be sure your photo is set to “public” and use the hashtag or we won’t be able to find it. (Full rules below.)
Our theme for April is… (drumroll, please) Game On! You play soccer, disc golf, volleyball, kickball, gaga, horse shoes, fishing, bocce, lacrosse, softball, baseball, and more in Buncombe County parks. Post your best pics by Apr. 30; you can submit an unlimited number of photos. Be creative and think outside the box.
The winning photo will receive:
- Cool I Heart Parks swag: rope bag cross body sling, water bottle, compass, first aid kit, pen, and stickers
- Picture set as the cover photo for Buncombe County Recreation Service’s Facebook page for a month
- Bragging rights
Want to get a jump on the competition? Future themes include kids, pets, autumn views, and Leave No Trace.
#IHeartBCParks Photo Contest Rules and Guidelines
- Photos MUST be taken at a Buncombe County park. Tag or identify your location in your post.
- You do not need to be a Buncombe County resident to enter. Everyone is eligible to submit an entry*.
- Photos must be posted on Facebook or Instagram.
- Entry participants must be a follower of Buncombe County Recreation Services on Facebook or Instagram. Non-followers are not eligible.
- To enter, post your photo on Facebook or Instagram tagging @BuncombeRecreation on Facebook or Instagram. Use the hashtag #IHeartBCParks. (If you do not use this hashtag we won’t be able to find your photo.)
- Make sure your photo is set to “public” so we can see it.
- By submitting your photo, you warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship. You understand and agree that Buncombe County Recreation Services can re-post your photo and credit your name/username in any future promotions hereafter.
- All photos must be posted within the time frame to be eligible.
- Individuals may submit an unlimited number of photos.
- Prizes cannot be substituted, transferred, or returned for cash. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase does not increase the chances of winning.
- This contest is not sponsored, administered, or endorsed by Facebook or Instagram.
- Be creative and think outside the box. Get out and enjoy your Buncombe County parks, pools, and open spaces!
*Entries must be submitted by individuals ages 18 or older. Employees of Buncombe County, the contest’s participating sponsors, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether it is “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
To receive the I Heart Parks monthly newsletter, sign up online.