This news item expired on Friday, December 31, 2021 so the information below could be outdated or incorrect.
In 2020, an innovative partnership between the Register of Deeds, Buncombe County Sheriff’s Office, and Health and Human Services produced an Opioid Awareness Story Map.
This one of a kind project, helps us understand and address the opioid epidemic in Buncombe County. The data and story map are now helping to inform a new Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) program at the Buncombe County Detention Facility.
View above to hear directly from the individuals that made the map happen and how it will impact programs and projects moving forward.
- Sarah Gayton, Community Integration and MAT Services Director
- Amy Upham, Buncombe County Opioid Response Coordinator
- Miranda Stewart, Deputy Register of Deeds
- Anne Seaman, Community Member/Advocate
- Carolina Siliceo Perez, BCSO Communications and Community Outreach Coordinator