This news item expired on Friday, October 30, 2020 so the information below could be outdated or incorrect.
Kick off Halloween weekend by voting early and giving the precious gift of blood. Buncombe County and the Red Cross are holding a blood drive at Harrah’s Cherokee Center (formerly the Asheville Civic Center), which is also an Early Voting site.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Appointments are not necessary, but strongly encouraged. Email Carla Hollar or call (828) 250-4701 to schedule your appointment.
- COVID-19 precautions will be in place: Temperatures will be checked, everyone must wear a face mask, donations stations will be at least six feet apart, sanitizer will be available, and other best practices will be adhered to.
- Candy! Everyone that comes out will get a Halloween treat bag.
- You need a driver’s license, donor card, or two other forms of ID.
- The Red Cross will send all donors a $5 Amazon gift card courtesy of Suburban Propane.
- All blood donations will be tested for COVID-19 antibodies.
When: Friday, Oct. 30 from 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Where: Harrah’s Cherokee Center (formerly the Asheville Civic Center), 87 Haywood St., downtown Asheville.