This news item expired on Wednesday, November 4, 2020 so the information below could be outdated or incorrect.
Signing up is easy:
- When: Sign up begins Wednesday at 5 p.m., and end Monday at 3 p.m., prior to the regular meeting date.
- Where: Visit buncombecounty.org/commissioners.
- How: At the top of the page there will be a banner with a link to sign up – or you can click on the calendar at the bottom of the page where a “Register for Public Comment” button will appear next to the Commissioner meeting event.
If you don’t have internet access, you can sign up by calling the Commissioners’ Office at (828) 250-4001. To sign up, you will have to fill out a brief form (or provide the following information over the phone) with the following information:
- First and last name.
- City/area of residence (example: Black Mountain, Arden, West Asheville, Fairview, etc.).
- Phone number
- Topic of comment: Please address if you will be speaking during general public comment or during a specific public hearing.
For public comment you will be called between 5pm and 5:30pm on the night of the Commissioners meeting to make your comment.
During public comment, you will be given three minutes. If you do not sign up for public comment beforehand, you will not be permitted to speak during the meeting.