From Buncombe County Libraries:
Buncombe County Public Libraries will begin offering appointments for computer use on July 1. Forty-five minute appointments are available 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Wednesdays and Fridays at all library locations except the Oakley/South Asheville branch. Want to know more? Read our FAQ below.
How do I make an appointment?
Call your local library to find out about available time slots. The number of available appointments will vary from location to location, depending on the number of computers available for use. You may make an appointment up to one week in advance. Each individual may have one reservation per day to ensure access for other patrons. Time extensions aren’t permitted. Patrons will need to leave the building at the end of their 45-minute session to allow time for staff to clean and prepare for the next appointment.
What are you doing to keep patrons safe during computer appointments?
Buncombe County Public Libraries are following the CDC’s recommendations for community facilities. We are taking the following specific measures.
- Computer stations have been spaced six feet apart to help maintain social distancing.
- Appointments are limited to 45 minutes at a time to minimize the amount of time patrons spend indoors, without the benefits of open-air circulation.
- Each individual who makes a computer appointment may bring a maximum of one other person with them to the visit. Both individuals must remain at the computer station for the duration of the appointment. If you have small children or otherwise need more than two individuals to be present for you to accomplish your work on the computer, please contact your local library to make arrangements. Other parts of the library are closed for browsing. If you would like to check out an item, you may do so using the library’s curbside pickup service.
- All staff and patrons will be required to wear face coverings while inside the library building.
- Staff will clean and reset each computer station after each appointment.
Why are computer appointments limited to 45 minutes?
Current guidance indicates that COVID-19 is more likely to spread in indoor environments than outdoors. The risk of transmission increases with factors such as distance from other individuals, air circulation, and amount of time spent in one place indoors. Appointments are limited to 45 minutes to minimize the amount of time patrons spend indoors, allow staff time to clean surfaces between appointments, and maximize opportunities for our patrons to use a computer while the number of available computers is limited due to social distancing requirements.
Will library staff be able to offer assistance with the computer or troubleshoot?
Computer assistance will be limited during this time. Per CDC recommendations, staff must maintain a distance of six feet at all times. This means staff won’t be able to touch the computer you’re using and may not be able to see the screen from a distance. If you believe you may have difficulty using the computer, consider bringing a tech savvy friend or family member to the appointment with you.
What if I need to print something?
Prints and photocopies are $0.25 per page. Totals under $10 may be paid by cash or check. Totals above $10 may be paid by cash, check, or card.
Do I have to wear a mask or face covering during my appointment?
Yes. If you don’t have a mask or face covering, library staff will provide one for you.
Click here to find your local library’s contact information. For more information about Buncombe County Public Libraries’ resources and service, visit buncombecounty.org/library or call Ask a Librarian at 828-250-4700.