Updated information for Court guidance as of Jan. 19, 2021.
Many Court proceedings in Buncombe County are being postponed to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Do I Need to Come to Court?
- You are excused from Court, unless your attorney, an Assistant District Attorney, or judge has instructed that your presence is required. Please contact your attorney, or the Public Defender’s office at (828) 259-3423 if you have questions about your individual case.
- If you are charged with a crime, contact your lawyer or the Public Defender’s Office at (828) 259-3423 for your next court date. You may also call the District Attorney’s Office at (828) 259-3410 or Clerk of Superior Court at (828) 259-3400.
- No jury trials will be conducted prior to Feb. 15, 2021.
- If you received a January or February Administrative Court date for traffic or misdemeanor charges, your case has been rescheduled. Go to BuncombeDA.org to find your new court date.
- The courthouse is still open for essential cases (like Domestic Violence Protective Orders).
- If you have a pending civil trial, contact the Trial Court Administrator at (828) 259-6479.
- For all other Civil Court questions call the Clerk’s Office: (828) 259-3400.
- For Family Court questions call your case coordinator or (828) 259-3415.
- For Juvenile Court questions call your court counselor or (828) 225-7330.
What to Expect in the Courthouse
These measures are being taken to ensure your safety during your visit to the courthouse.
- Guidelines set by the CDC are being followed to ensure your safety in the courthouse, and social distancing will be enforced.
- Upon arrival in the courthouse, your temperature will be taken.
- Per Buncombe County Ordinance, masks are required in public spaces. If you do not have one, one will be provided to you upon arrival.
- Plan to arrive at the Buncombe County Courthouse, 60 Court Plaza in Asheville, 30 minutes before your essential court session.
- If you are experiencing symptoms, do not come to court contact your attorney or the Clerk's office at (828) 259-3400.
Resources & More Information
Table: News Item Documents
|File Name||Size||Type||Date & Time Added
Court Guidance flyer
||01/20/2021 11:29 AM