Bridging Culture & Health in the Midst of COVID-19 Radio Town Hall
Click through to hear the entire playlist.
Learning about resources, keeping our community strong, and the real talk of COVID-19 in our community. Let's Talk COVID-19 tackles some of the most pressing issues on your mind.
Join us on Tuesday, Aug. 25, at 5:30 p.m. for Let’s Talk Back to School and Learning Resources In Español
As we face the challenges of remote learning, students, educators, parents, and community partners are working hard to meet the needs of every student. Join us for this informative session fully hosted in Spanish by Buncombe County Government about the 2020-2021 school year. Student support service staff from Asheville City Schools, Buncombe County Schools, and United Way will be discussing what the day-to-day may look like for our students and will be providing guidance, information, and resources available to support our student's learning.
During the call, panelists will provide information on resources for student success as they adapt to distance and online learning. This conversation will be in Spanish and we will be offering English interpretation for listeners. This event will be live streamed in English on Buncombe County Government’s Facebook Page.
- Marta Alcala-Williams, Parent/Family Engagement Coordinator - Asheville City Schools
- Michele Ashley, Parent Leadership Program Coordinator- Enka Middle School
- Gabriela Dominguez Aragonez, Emma Elementary ESL Teacher
- Norma Duran Brown, Erwin Family Outreach Specialist
- Jocelin Rosas, United Way Community Schools Coordinator for Erwin Middle School.
Together, we have the power to reduce the disparate impacts of the pandemic in Buncombe County by mobilizing in collective action
- To learn more about COVID-19, you can visit ncdhhs.gov.
- To get local, accurate information about COVID-19 in Buncombe County visit buncombeready.org.
- For community resources and assistance call 211.