Video Recap: Board of Commissioners' Regular Meeting (March 17, 2020)
Board of Commissioners Regular Meeting (March 17, 2020)
Commissioner Meetings take place on the first and third Tuesday of each month at 200 College St. in room 326 in downtown Asheville. To view previous meetings, meet your Board of Commissioners, and check out future agenda items, you can visit buncombecounty.org/commissioners.
The following is the agenda from the March 17, 2020 Meeting. Click on the hyperlink associated with each item to view that section of the meeting.
- Call to Order
- Discussion/Adjustment/Approval to Follow Agenda
- Agenda items removed
- Asheville-Buncombe Regional Sports Commission FY20 Update
- Occupancy Tax Discussion
- Consideration of a Local State of Emergency Declaration/COVID-19
- Agenda items added
- Appointment of temporary Deputy Finance Officers in response to COVID-19
- Suspending policies during a State of Emergency
- Consent Agenda
- Approval of March 3, 2020 Regular Meeting Minutes
- Resolution Awarding a Service Firearm to a Retiring Deputy of the Buncombe County Sheriff’s Department – Jonathan Scruggs
- Good News
- Public Hearings
- County Manager’s Report
- Old Business
- New Business
- Board Appointments
- African American Heritage Commission
- Agricultural Advisory Board for Farmland Preservation
- Downtown Commission
- Land Conservancy Advisory Board
- Historic Resources Commission
- Health & Human Services Board
- Public Comment
- April 7 at 3 p.m. – Commissioners’ Pre-Meeting at 200 College St. room 326 in downtown Asheville.
- April 7 at 5 p.m. – Commissioners’ Regular Meeting at 200 College St. room 326 in downtown Asheville.
- Closed Session/Open Session