Event Cancellations for Buncombe County
Update March 17
The following events have been canceled or postponed. This list will continue to be updated as we get new information.
- All Buncome County Recreation Service parks and fields are closed until further notice.
- April 3: The landfill is canceling its household hazardous waste collection day.
- All Special Olympics practices and events (including the Western Invitational Swim Meet and Spring Games) have been canceled until further notice.
- County Parks Services will not be renting shelters until further notice.
On March 14, Governor Roy Cooper issued an executive order banning mass gatherings of more than 100 people and closing K-12 public schools across the state for two weeks beginning March 16.
Buncombe County Public Libraries is canceling all its programs until further notice. At this time, the libraries will remain open on our regular schedule or visit buncombecounty.org/library to access digital resources.
- Saturday, March 14: Master gardening class
- Monday, March 16: The Parks, Greenways, and Recreation Advisory Board meeting
- Tuesday, March 17: Ag Advisory Board
- Tuesday, March 17: Affordable Housing Committee
Notice is hereby given that the Buncombe County Affordable Housing Committee meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 17, 2020 is canceled. Regular meetings of the committee are the first Tuesday of each month beginning at 2:00 pm, at the Meeting Room at 30 Valley Street.
If you have any questions about this meeting, please contact Matthew Cable, Community Development Division Manager at 250-4829.
- Saturday, March 21: An Exhibition of Fairview Photographers Opening Reception
- Monday, March 30: WNC Regional Air Quality Briefing and Ozone Kick-Off
Mountain Xpress is also compiling as list of canceled community events you can find here.