Are you looking for a great way to get involved with your community and make a difference? Board, committee, and commission members aid the governing process by keeping Buncombe County in touch with the ideas and attitudes of our community. They help provide direction for the allocation of funds, the provision of human services, protection of residents, property, and our natural resources.
Public input is vitally important to the success of our County, and right now Buncombe County has vacancies on a number of boards and commissions. Learn more about vacancies, deadlines to apply, and the application process at buncombecounty.org/transparency.
Featured Board & Commission vacancies
Juvenile Crime Prevention Council (JCPC)
The primary intent of this council is to develop community-based alternatives to youth development centers and to provide community-based prevention and intervention strategies and programs for youth at risk of justice involvement. Current vacancies include 4 community members, (with one under the age of 21 years or a member of the public representing the interests of families of youth at-risk of justice involvement, and one member of the faith community). Learn more here.
Current Buncombe County Boards & Commissions vacancies
- Ad Hoc Reappraisal Committee: 7 vacancies: (2 members from the Board of Equalization & Review; 3 At-large members; 1 Real Estate professional (residential preferred); 1 Equity representative); Deadline Oct. 6, 2021
- Homeless Initiative: 1 vacancy; Deadline Oct. 6, 2021
- Home and Community Care Block Grant Advisory Committee: 4 vacancies; Until filled
- Juvenile Crime Prevention Council (JCPC): 1 vacancy (1 person under the age of 21 years or a member of the public representing the interests of families of youth at-risk of justice involvement); 1 vacancy (member of faith community) Until Filled
- Nursing Home Community Advisory Committee; Until Filled
- Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee; Until Filled