Employee Spotlight: Corinne Duncan and Neggy Fox Earn Official Certification
Congratulations to Corinne Duncan and Neggy Fox of Election Services. They recently earned the official title of NC Certified Elections Administrators. Both Corinne and Neggy have been with Election Services since 2015 and during that time have put in multiple hours of preparation and served through multiple election cycles.
To obtain this certification, the following was required:
- Pass an exam on NC General Statutes Chapter 163A Election Law, the NC Administrative Code, and official Rule Clarifications
- Demonstrate knowledge of elections preparation procedures, software, and functions (registration, absentee voting, early voting, Election Day, canvass, provisional voting, candidate filing, campaign finance, hearings/challenges/protests, districts, polling locations, and security)
- Be an election administrator for at least three years
- Serve during at least one presidential election cycle (primary and general)
- Serve during at least one municipal cycle
- Attend at least three state training conferences
Increasing participation and the demands of modern technology have made today’s election process much more complicated. Elections administration requires specific knowledge, training, and abilities. Buncombe Election Services is proud to have seven expertly trained NC Certified Elections Administrators in our office as we prepare for the 2020 Election.