This news item expired on Friday, December 13, 2019 so the information below could be outdated or incorrect.
This is a chance to help shape the future of Buncombe County by joining a newly forming committee to participate in a public budgeting process. Strategic Partnership Grant funding is granted to nonprofit organizations working toward outcomes in alignment with County Commissioner goals.
A new committee is being established to make grant recommendations to the Board of Commissioners for Buncombe County. The committee will consist of nine (9) members, who will:
- Apply for membership through the Office of the Clerk to the Board of Commissioners;
- Be appointed by the Board of Commissioners;
- Serve three (3) year staggered terms;
- Represent expertise in the Strategic Plan focus areas
- Represent the geographic diversity of the County;
- Abide by conflict of interest policies, to include not serving on the Board of Directors or staff of an applicant organization within the past two (2) years;
- Hold open meetings and comply with public records requirements;
- Utilize a standardized, points-based scoring system to review grants;
- Hold in-person presentations for grant finalists; and
- Recommend a portfolio of grants for approval by the Board of Commissioners; and
- Meet throughout the year to monitor grants and review progress.
How to apply:
If you would like be part of this pivotal committee, please apply online by Dec. 13 through the Strategic Partnership Grants page here.
The application includes a place for you to indicate which of the 4 focus areas you bring expertise in, and to describe your knowledge/experience for each:
- Educated & Capable Community – A county where all people thrive and demonstrate resilience throughout their lives
- Environmental Stewardship – High quality air, water, farmland and renewable energy for future generations
- Vibrant Economy – A robust and sustainable economy that builds on homegrown industries/talent and provides economic mobility for all
- Resident Well-Being – A county where residents are safe, healthy, and engaged in their community
Applications are due by Dec. 13, 2019.
Contact Strategic Partnerships Director Rachael Nygaard at firstname.lastname@example.org or (828) 250-6536 for more information.