This is your chance to weigh in on Buncombe County’s future. The Board of Commissioners is developing a strategic plan that will guide the County into the future. The first step in this process is a five-year strategic plan that will define priorities, guide County operations, and drive future policy and budget decisions. It will draw a vision for our community’s future and establish a course of action for moving forward.
And that’s where you come in. As we draft this course of action, we want you to tell us what success looks like and what steps we should be taking to ensure we are meeting community goals. The following focus areas have been identified by Commissioners:
- Environmental stewardship: High-quality air, water, farmland, and renewable energy for future generations
- Educated and capable community: A community where all people thrive and demonstrate resilience throughout their lives
- Vibrant economy: A robust and sustainable regional economy that builds on our homegrown talent and provides economic mobility for residents
- Resident well-being: Our residents are safe, healthy and engaged in their community
We know that in order to accomplish our goals we will have to build the foundation on our end.
- Infrastructure: Best-in-class performance to support the strategic focus areas through information technology, facilities, risk management, evaluation and administration
- Resources: The funding, talent, and partnerships that enable high quality delivery of services
Your input and insights for each focus area will be valuable in determining the next steps of our strategic process. Please join us at one of the dates below to share your valuable input. All sessions will be held at 200 College St., ground floor conference room. These sessions are open to the public, and all are welcome. If possible, please contact Angelyn.Johnson@BuncombeCounty.org to RSVP.