VIDEO RECAP: Commissioners' Pre-Meeting/Regular Meeting
This news item expired on Sunday, June 30, 2019 so the information below could be outdated or incorrect.
Board of Commissioners’ Pre-Meeting – May 7, 2019
At this Pre-Meeting the board heard budget requests from Asheville City Schools, Buncombe County Schools, A-B Tech, and also heard from Commissioner Beach-Ferrara on medicated treatment for inmates. Pre-Meetings take place on the day of Regular Commissioner meetings in the afternoon. No public comment is taken and no actions are voted upon by the Board of Commissioners during these meetings.
Board of Commissioners’ Regular Meeting – May 7, 2019
Commission Meetings are held at 200 College Street in room 326 in downtown Asheville beginning at 5p.m. on the first and third Tuesday of each month. Public comment is taken at the end of the meeting. To view the meeting agenda for upcoming meetings or to view previous Commission Meetings you can visit buncombecounty.org/commissioners.
- Call to Order
- Discussion/Adjustment/Approval to Follow Agenda
- Consent Agenda
- Approval of April 16, 2019 Pre-Meeting Minutes
- Approval of April 16, 2019 Regular Meeting Minutes
- Resolution Approving Pyrotechnic Experts for Firework Displays
- Donation of Surplus Property
- Quarterly Settlements
- Commissioners’ Property Tax Release Report
- Fund 224: Special Programs Fund
- Sluder Farms Conservation Easement
- Good News
- Public Hearings
- County Manager’s Report
- Old Business
- New Business
- Board Appointments
- Public Comment
- May 21 at 2p.m. – Commissioners’ Pre-Meeting at 200 College St., 1st Floor Conference Room in downtown Asheville
- May 21 at 5p.m. – Commissioners’ Regular Meeting at 200 College St., Room 326 in downtown Asheville.
- Closed Session/Open Session