Update on Changes in SNAP / WIC Benefits
This news item expired on Sunday, March 1, 2020 so the information below could be outdated or incorrect.
Current Status of SNAP & WIC Benefits in Buncombe County
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) / Food Stamps
- February benefits were loaded to EBT cards on January 20, 2019. These are the only benefits for February, therefore, clients should budget for buying food wisely throughout the month.
- Please note- while the February benefits were issued early, they do not have to be used before January 31, 2019. They will remain on your card as they normally would.
- We are still accepting and processing applications for benefits. We encourage clients to turn in all necessary paperwork as required.
Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- In North Carolina, WIC will continue to operate as normal through March.
- We encourage those who qualify for WIC to call our office at (828) 250-5000 to learn more about how WIC benefits can help meet the nutritional needs of your family.
If you have questions about changes in these benefits, please call the BCHHS Call Center at (828) 250- 5500.
Updated on 1.28.19