This news item expired on Tuesday, March 17, 2020 so the information below could be outdated or incorrect.
Finding a parking spot in downtown Asheville just got easier with Buncombe County merging its real-time parking data with the City of Asheville’s parking app. This app makes it easy to navigate where to park, especially during the height of tourist season or during special events. The easy-to-use service allows you to see how many of the nearly 3,000 parking garage spaces are available and will help save you time and frustration.
“The County is excited to announce this collaboration with the City. The City’s app will now include County data which should make it easier for residents and tourists to know exactly where they can find a parking space,” notes County Software Services Manager Eric Grau.
Here’s what you need to know about getting real-time parking data:
- You can access it on the City of Asheville’s app or the City’s website.
- The County has two parking decks: College Street and Coxe Avenue.
- The City has four parking garages: Biltmore Avenue, Civic Center, Rankin Avenue, and Wall Street.
- Parking rates vary between the City and County, and special event rates may be in effect.
- Both County parking garages have EV charging stations on the ground level.
The County wants to thank the City of Asheville and its staff for helping make this information available to the public.