This news item expired on Saturday, April 29, 2017 so the information below could be outdated or incorrect.
The goal of the Hard 2 Recycle events are to educate, collect, and divert items that are not accepted by roadside recycling into the landfill. Founded in 2011 by Rainbow Recycling, Hard 2 Recycle events are free to the public and held quarterly to cover the corners of Buncombe County.
The next is taking place:
- Saturday, April 29
- 10AM - 2PM
- City Public Works Parking Lot
- 161 S. Charlotte Street, Asheville
Items accepted include:
- Books (all kinds) and Cardboard
- Electronics, Appliances, Batteries, and Metals (all kinds)
- TVs and CRT monitors accepted with $10 fee - not accepting wooden console televisions
- Desktop/Laptop Computers and Power Supplies (including battery backups)
- Styrofoam and Packing Peanuts (must be sorted and bagged)
- Cell Phones/Printers/Fax Machines/Toner Cartridges
- Personal Care & Beauty Items
They are also looking for donations, including:
- Donations to the ReStore: (working and in good condition) Doors, Appliances, Building Supplies, Cabinets, Flooring, Electronics, Furniture, Hardware, Plumbing, and Sporting Goods
- Animal Sanctuary Items: Plastic Totes, Shoe Boxes, Crates, Clean Towels, Blankets, Pet Toys, Unopened Kitty Litter and Cleaning Supplies
- Gently Used Books
For more information about Asheville Greenwork's Hard 2 Recycle event or more great events they sponsor like Tire Amnesty Day, you can visit ashevillegreenworks.org. You can also contact them at 828.254.1776 for more details.