This news item expired on Sunday, September 3, 2017 so the information below could be outdated or incorrect.
The Asheville VegFest began in 2011 as the first all vegan festival in Asheville, hoping to bring attention to the benefits of a plant-based eating and vegan lifestyle. This year, the festival is making a comeback with music, speakers, cooking demonstrations, a kid's activity area, and best of all - food!
The event is presented by the Asheville Vegan Society and is Sunday, September 3 at Pack Square Park in downtown Asheville. A wide variety of vegan fare will be available for purchase from food trucks and local veg restaurants - with free samples provided as well.
Come and check out the event if you are:
- curious about a plant-based diet
- interested in new companies and products
- a foodie who wants to taste something fresh and new
- looking for something to do that's fun and free
- a fan of live music
- love to watch cooking shows for their demonstrations
- or are interested in connecting with other veg folks in the area
For more information about Asheville Vegfest, can visit ashevillevegfest.com.