This news item expired on Saturday, July 14, 2012 so the information below could be outdated or incorrect.
The 2nd Primary Election for the Democratic nomination for the North Carolina Commissioner of Labor, the Republican nomination for Lieutenant Governor, Commissioner of Insurance, Secretary of State, Superintendent of Public Instruction and 11th Congressional District will be held on Tuesday, July 17, 2012. Please note that:
- All Democrat and Republican voters may participate in this election.
- Unaffiliated voters who voted Democrat in the first primary, may only vote Democrat in the second primary.
- Unaffiliated voters who voted Republican in the first primary, may only vote Republican in the second primary.
- Unaffiliated voters who voted Unaffiliated in the first primary, may not vote in the second primary.
- Unaffiliated voters who did not vote in the first primary, may vote in the second primary and vote their choice of ballot, if a ballot choice is applicable to the county or precinct in which they reside.
Early voting will take place at the Office of Election Services on 35 Woodfin Street from June 28 through July 14 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, July 14. There will be no one-stop voting on Wednesday, July 4 and no in-person registration during the one-stop absentee voting period for this Second Primary.
Mail-in Absentee applications may be obtained by requesting applications from the Elections Office, Post Office Box 7468, Asheville, NC 28802.
All Buncombe County precincts will be open on election day – July 17 – from 6:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m.
Table: News Item Documents
|File Name||Size||Type||Date & Time Added
||06/06/2012 1:36 PM