New regulations, requirements, and procedures, including best practices models have been implemented to ensure that County tax dollars will be managed in a way that is in the best interest of the citizens of Buncombe.
Here’s some of the steps we’ve taken…
- Strengthened the Audit Committee’s Charter and Bylaws & membership
- Clarified the reporting line of Internal Auditor with access to the Board
- Ensured the Internal Auditor cannot be hired, fired or disciplined without consultation with the Audit Committee
- Gives the Audit Committee the responsibility of approving the annual Internal Audit Plan and reporting annually to the County Board
- Instructed employees that everyone has a responsibility to ensure good controls and practices are followed (COSO standard)
- Establishes the Internal Auditor as the central point for all Whistle-blower complaints
We want to hear from you because we are fully committed to making sure your county government is responsive to your needs, concerns, and ideas. Our promise is to listen, learn and serve you to the best of our ability.
You can call and leave a message at (828) 250-4066, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form here. Your questions, concerns and comments will be responded to in a timely manner.