- Cozy "neighborhood" library, easy walking distance to local restaurants and antique shops, good parking
- 40,000 items in collection include books, books-on-tape, books-on-CD, music CDs and cassettes, videos, DVD's, jigsaw puzzles
- Value Line and other reference sources
- Public internet access
- Comfortable magazine and newspaper reading area
- Ongoing Friends book sale in lobby
- 120-seat community meeting room available to the public
- I-40 to exit 64
- 0.3 mi. north on U.S. 9
- 2 blocks west on U.S. 70 to N. Dougherty on right
The Black Mountain Library is route number 28.
The Black Mountain Library is one block off the main street in Black Mountain. Get off at the intersection of State Street and N. Dougherty and the library is behind the Asheville Savings Bank.
Black Mountain Library
105 N. Dougherty St.
Black Mountain, NC 28711
p. (828) 250-4756
Hours of Operation
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Mother Goose Time
Tuesdays - 11:30 a.m.
Wednesdays - 10:30 a.m.
Thursdays - 10:30 a.m.