BUNCOMBECOUNTY.ORG is built on a new platform called Bootstrap. Bootstrap is built to work best in the latest desktop and mobile browsers, meaning older browsers might display differently styled, though fully functional, renderings of certain components.
We strive to make our site accessible to a variety of users
with differing needs, using various technologies. We are working
to make our site compliant with Section 508 and the W3C Web
Accessibility Initiative, Priority One checkpoints.
All reasonable efforts will be made by Buncombe County Government
to accommodate special needs of individuals as addressed by
the Americans with Disabilities Act. Individuals with disabilities
requiring an accommodation beyond those already provided at
the web portal, should e-mail email@example.com providing contact information and a brief description of the
In some instances, we've included Portable Document Format
(.pdf) files (for forms and official documents) until we are
able to develop more accessible options. For information on
Adobe Acrobat PDF accessibility, please visit the Adobe Acrobat
Accessibility web page.
The complexity of some of our materials may make accessibility
difficult for some. If you encounter material or services
on our web site that you cannot use or access, please inform
us so that accommodations can be made. Your comments and interest
in our site help us to identify areas where we need to improve.
Specifically, BUNCOMBE COUNTY IT strives to supports the latest versions of the following browsers and platforms. On Windows, we support Internet Explorer 8-11. More specific support information is provided below.
|Mac OS X
Unofficially, Bootstrap should look and behave well enough in Chromium and Chrome for Linux, Firefox for Linux, and Internet Explorer 7, though they are not officially supported.
What should I do?
If you are seeing a alert at the top of this page, chances are your running one of the following versions of Internet Explorer.
- IE 9 - Released in 2011.
- IE 8 - Released in 2009.
- IE 7 - Released in 2006.
- To determine the version of Internet Explorer that you are running, use the following method:
- In all versions of Internet Explorer, click About Internet Explorer on the Help menu. The product and version information are displayed in the dialog box that appears.
- If you notice that you are running either IE 7 or IE 8, we suggest upgrading your browser to one the Supported Browsers listed above. This will allow you to maximize the benefits of the new BUNCOMBECOUNTY.ORG.
Buncombe County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, handicap or disability in admission or access to our treatment or employment in its services, programs and activities incompliance with applicable federal and state laws.
Specific to documents available on this website
The County of Buncombe makes no representation about the suitability of the information contained in the documents and related graphics published on this server for any purpose. All such documents and related graphics are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. The County of Buncombe hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. In no event shall the County of Buncombe be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortuos action, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of information available from this server.
The documents and related graphics published on this server could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. New, modified or changed information is periodically added to this website. The County of Buncombe may make improvements and/or changes in the document(s) and/or the program(s) described herein at any time.
Notices Regarding Software, Documents and Services Available on this Website.
In no event shall the County of Buncombe be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortuous action, arising out of or in direct connection with the use or performance of software, documents, provision of or failure to provide services, or information available under this server.
Links to Third Party Sites
The links contained within this site will allow you to leave The County of Buncombe's web site. The linked sites are not under the control of the County of Buncombe and the County is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The County of Buncombe is providing these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the County of Buncombe.
Your credit card information
All online payment transactions are handled by Official Payments, a third-party service provider. We do not request or store any credit card information on www.buncombecounty.org or on any servers owned by Buncombe County.
Why your transactions are secure
We use industry standard encryption technology to safeguard your transactions and confidential data. The technology used is SSL (Secure Socket Layer), which is supported by all web browsers that are version 4.0 or newer. Your information is encrypted as it travels over the Internet using encryption strengths that are standard in the industry. Upon our receipt, it is stored on a secure site where your information is stored on restricted-access computers located at restricted-access sites. Our employees with access to your personal information are trained to follow specific practices concerning its proper handling
Anonymous Visitor Information Collection
For every visitor to our site, there are several common pieces of information that we do collect that are stored in logs. Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, the date and time of the visit, and the addresses to which a visitor linked during a visit to our Web site are all recorded. We cannot and do not associate any of this information with individual persons, distribute this information, or use it in any manner other than for statistical analysis in improving our site to better serve our visitors.
Usage of Cookies
Disclosure of Information
Buncombe County does not sell, rent, or publish any of our visitors' personal or private information. We do not reveal specific information about subscribers or other personally identifiable data to unaffiliated third parties for their independent use, except if required to do so by law. In addition, we endeavor to restrict employee access to any personal information except where necessary to perform required duties.
Unauthorized attempts to modify any information stored on this system, to defeat or circumvent security features, or to utilize this system for other that its intended purposes are prohibited and may result in criminal prosecution.
Social Media Comments Policy
We welcome your participation as a means of sharing your own experiences, suggesting improvements, and chiming in on the conversation. To keep our community focused, we ask that you follow our posting guidelines:
- This Community is moderated and all comments are reviewed.
- Any communication via this site is considered public record.
- The appearance of external links or advertisements on this site does not constitute official endorsement.
- Solicitations / advertisements are not allowed and will be removed from this site.
- To ensure exchanges that are productive, informative, respectful of diverse viewpoints and lawful, we will review all comments and we will remove comments that are or include:
- Off Topic: We will exclude comments not related to the subject of the conversation. If you have an idea for a subject, would like to provide feedback, or would like follow-up from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Spam: Comments focused on selling a product or service, or comments posted for a purpose of driving traffic to a particular website for personal, political, or monetary gain, will be excluded. Comments in HTML format (or URLs) will not be accepted.
- Personal Attacks: If you disagree with the content, we'd like to hear from you, but ask that you refrain from comments that attempt to defame or defraud any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency or personal attack of others. Malicious intent and or participation not in the spirit of civil conversation will be excluded.
- Illegal: Comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity are not allowed.
- Offensive Language: Comments including, but not limited to, graphic, obscene, explicit, abusive, derogatory, or racial content will be excluded.
- Private or Confidential Information: You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided. Please do not provide any specific personal information about yourself or other individuals.
- Political Views: Comments expressing political views are not allowed.
- This page is not intended to be used for addressing questions, complaints, or any other requests. If you wish to correspond on any of these subjects, please contact the appropriate department. You can find out more about our departments and the appropriate contact for your issue on our Services Directory.
Please note that the comments expressed on these sites do not reflect the opinions and position of Buncombe County government or its officers and employees. If you have any questions concerning the operation of this online moderated discussion site, please contact Kathy Hughes, Public Relations Coordinator at (828) 250-4105.
If you have any questions specifically regarding your privacy on our site, please email email@example.com