Buncombe County requests proposals for community based projects to enhance outcomes for young children and their families in our community. Grants made through the Early Childhood Education and Development Fund will be focused on access to quality early childhood care and education.
Note: Online applications are due by 5:00pm on April 19, 2019 at www.buncombecounty.org/apply | Descarga la Aplicación en Español
- Projects must align with the goals and purposes outlined in the application. The focus is on scaling up effective practices for an enhanced local system of early care and education that is effective, accessible, affordable, responsive and sustainable.
- All organization types are eligible to apply. This includes public/governmental agencies as well as private organizations, including nonprofits and private businesses.
- In the first year of the fund (FY2020), requests for capital projects will be restricted to the public school systems. Capital outlay projects are defined as planning, construction, reconstruction, enlargement, improvement, repair, or renovation of buildings and for the purchase of land for early childhood care and education purposes.
- Any organization type may request funding for program operations.
- Multi-year funding requests will be considered.
- Collaborative projects involving multiple organizations will be considered.