Medicare-Aid For Help With Medicare Costs
Individuals who have Medicare coverage may be eligible to have their Medicare premiums paid by Medicaid if their income is between 100% and 135% of the poverty level. There is a limit on resources.
Medicare-Aid Benefit depends on your monthly income
|If income is no more than:
||Your Medicare-Aid Benefit is payment of:
- Part B premiums
- Part A premiums (when applicable)
- Medicare hospital deductible
- Medicare annual deductible
- 20% Medicare co-payment
||Part B premiums
||Part B premiums Funds for this program may be limited
- Social Security
- Veterans Benefits
- Pensions and other retirement benefits and
- Wages (some income can be disregarded).
- bank accounts
- second car
- retirement accounts
- stocks and bonds and
- real estate that is not your home.
- Your resources must be no more than $6,680 for an individual, or $10,020 for a couple. Resources DO NOT INCLUDE your home, car, household furnishings, clothing or other personal effects such as jewelry.
Medicare-Aid only pays for services covered by Medicare. Therefore, it DOES NOT pay for prescriptions or eyeglasses.
Do you suspect abuse?
To make an adult or child protective services report any time, day or night, call the numbers below:
Child Abuse: (828) 250-5900
Adult Abuse: (828) 250-5800
Report Communicable Disease
Call (828) 250-5091 to report
Communicable Disease Reporting Form
Get information and start applying for services that can help you and your family.
p. (828) 250-5795
p. (828) 250-5710
40 Coxe Avenue
Asheville, NC 28802
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Eligibility rules and income/asset amounts are subject to change.