Medicare-Aid For Help With Medicare Costs
Individuals who have Medicare coverage may be eligible to have their Medicare premiums paid by Medicaid if their income is between 100% and 135% of the poverty level. There is a limit on resources.
Medicare-Aid Benefit depends on your monthly income
|If income is no more than:
||Your Medicare-Aid Benefit is payment of:
- Part B premiums
- Part A premiums (when applicable)
- Medicare hospital deductible
- Medicare annual deductible
- 20% Medicare co-payment
||Part B premiums
||Part B premiums Funds for this program may be limited
- Social Security
- Veterans Benefits
- Pensions and other retirement benefits and
- Wages (some income can be disregarded).
- bank accounts
- second car
- retirement accounts
- stocks and bonds and
- real estate that is not your home.
- Your resources must be no more than $6,680 for an individual, or $10,020 for a couple. Resources DO NOT INCLUDE your home, car, household furnishings, clothing or other personal effects such as jewelry.
Medicare-Aid only pays for services covered by Medicare. Therefore, it DOES NOT pay for prescriptions or eyeglasses.